Thursday, August 1, 2013—-4-7PM–Brooklyn Bridge stop on the Lexington IRT….
Near the Federal Court Building…… –
(for further info, contact Betty Davis 917 603 6160)
Lynne Stewart’s condition is deteriorating rapidly. Medical treatment to arrest the cancer that is metastasizing in her body has been halted because she is too weak to receive it. She remains in isolation, as her white blood cell count is so low that she is at risk for generalized infection.
Send a message to Bureau of Prisons Director Charles E. Samuels Jr. that he must reverse his decision.
Long-time National Lawyers Guild member and activist lawyer Lynne Stewart needs our help and she needs it now! The Federal Bureau of Prisons has denied Lynne Stewart’s application for compassionate release, despite recommendations in favor from the warden at her facility, the Regional Office Director, and vetting of Stewart’s release plans by the Federal Probation Office in New York.
The struggle to free Lynne Stewart continues on many fronts: • Join National Lawyer’s Guild members for a rally Thursday, August 1, 2013. • Join Archbishop Desmond Tutu, former Attorney General Ramsey Clark, Dick Gregory, Alice Walker, Bianca Jagger, Pete Seeger, Ed Asner, Father Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann, Daniel Berrigan, Daniel Ellsberg, Noam Chomsky, and 25,000 others in the United States and internationally who have signed the petition to free Lynne Stewart – at www.lynnestewart.org
PLEASE CONSIDER HOLDING A RALLY IN YOUR COMMUNITY, TOO, AUGUST 1 OR ANOTHER DAY!
Contact Ralph Poynter at (917) 853-9759
- Movement keeps pressure on to release Lynne Stewart (workers.org)
- BOP denies Lynne Stewart’s compassionate release (supportmariemason.org)
- Free Lynne Stewart (readersupportednews.org)
- Free Lynne Stewart, the John Adams of our Time (pbdemocrats.wordpress.com)
- Free Lynne Stewart Rally July 1, 2013 (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- NYC, Thurs., Aug 1: Join Friends of Lynne Stewart for a National Vigil to BRING HER HOME! (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Vigil for Lynne Stewart Is Growing! (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- “What´s the Hold-Up? Lynne Stewart, Imprisoned Human Rights Attorney Dying Of Lung Cancer, Is Supposed to be FREED” (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)