Paula Cooper, once a teen on Indiana‘s Death Row, to be released from prison on Monday
Jun. 15, 2013 |
Paula Cooper, once Indiana’s youngest death row in…:
Paula Cooper, the youngest person sentenced to death in Indiana, was released from prison June 17, 2013
May 1, 2001: Cooper attends her prison graduation ceremony where she earned a bachelor’s degree in humanities, with a minor in psychology, from Martin University.June 17, 2013: Paula Cooper, 43-year-old – inmate 864800 – scheduled to be released from the Rockville Correctional Facility. / INDIANAPOLIS STAR
Indiana death row by the numbers
The number of Indiana offenders on death row. Seventeen are males housed at the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City and one female serving a life sentence at the Ohio Reformatory for Women at Marysville, Ohio.
Number of death sentences issued in Indiana from 1973-2010.
Number of inmates executed in Indiana since 1930.
Number of women who have received the death penalty, however, Indiana has never executed a woman. Four of the sentences were handed down between 1985 and 1989. All but one were overturned or commuted.
Number of states in the U.S. that have executed a female.
Minimum age at which a person can be executed in Indiana.
Number of juveniles executed executed in the U.S. since 1973. Texas accounted for 13 of those executions.
4 The number of active death penalty cases in Indiana.
Please, read more & watch Video: http://www.indystar.com/article/20130616/NEWS02/306150010/
- IN death row inmate released (abc15.com)
- Ind. woman sentenced to death at 16 to leave prison (usatoday.com)
- Paula Cooper to be released from prison (posttrib.suntimes.com)
- “Dead Man Walking” An Eyewitness Account of Death Penalty in the US (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- Paula Cooper, From Death Row to New Life! (colorofjustice.wordpress.com)
- Death Row Inmate Paula Cooper Released Today (bet.com)
- Paula Cooper released from prison (posttrib.suntimes.com)
- Paula Cooper: Sentenced to Die at 16, to be Released From Prison (atlantablackstar.com)
- Paula Cooper: Youngest Death Row Inmate Freed (echoesinthedarkvoicesfromdeathrow.wordpress.com)
- Paula Cooper Leaves Death Row for Freedom (guardianlv.com)