Éxcuse please the weak Quality of this photograph! But it is the newest photo of Lynne Stewart.
Von Ralph Poynter – Lynne Stewart´s Husband
An outpouring of support is required once again to free renowned attorney Lynne Stewart.
She has submitted a new application for compassionate release and received word on September 6 that FMC Carswell Warden Jody R. Upton had forwarded her papers to the Bureau of Prisons headquarters in Washington, D.C.
We must urge Bureau of Prisons Director Charles E. Samuels, Jr. to act expeditiously to review Lynne Stewart’s new application and to instruct the federal attorney to file a motion with the Bureau of Prisons’ recommendation of compassionate release.
Judge John G. Koeltl has stated that he would consider the motion as soon as he receives it. In July 2013, Lynne Stewart was given a conservative prognosis of 18 months by the oncologist contracted by the prison, meeting the new guidelines for compassionate release established by the Bureau of Prisons. Two months have passed since then and Lynne Stewart’s health is deteriorating rapidly.
Please distribute the new petition widely and urge others to sign it. Over 30,000 people in the United States and internationally signed the first petition. Numbers are even greater if we include the support from prominent organizations. We must send a strong message again that Lynne Stewart should be free. On October 8, Lynne Stewart will be 74 years old.
She has devoted her life to the impoverished and oppressed, first as a school librarian in Harlem, New York and then for 30 years as an unwavering criminal defense attorney who always put her client’s interests above her own.
We do not want Lynne Stewart to celebrate her 74th birthday on October 8th in prison, but should that be the case, she has asked us all to raise our voices in protest with vigils outside U.S. Court Houses and other public centers. To send your message to BOP Director Samuels and to Attorney General Eric Holder, please sign the new change.org petition for Lynne Stewart at
This message was sent by Ralph Poynter using the Change.org system. You received this email because you signed a petition started by Ralph Poynter on Change.org: “Petition to Free Lynne Stewart: Save Her Life – Release Her Now!.” Change.org does not endorse contents of this message.
View the NEW Petition:
- NLG Calls on Atty. General Holder to Grant Compassionate Release to Lynne Stewart (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Calling for Compassionate Release for Lynne Stewart, Activists will Pack Manhattan Federal Courthouse this Afternoon – 8/8/13 (sparrowmedia.net)
- Take Action: Sign the New Petition 4 Lynne Stewart (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Take Action: Sign the New Petition 4 Lynne Stewart (hrexach.wordpress.com)
- Lynne Stewart Petitions for Justice (thepeoplesvoice.org)
- A federal judge in Manhattan declined on Friday to order the release of Lynne F. Stewart, former defense lawyer, who is dying in federal prison in Texas (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- ‘Petition to Free Lynne Stewart: Save Her Life – Release Her Now!’ on (truelabour.wordpress.com)
- Petition to Free Lynne Stewart: Release Her Now! (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Under Tears I beg to Let Attorney Lynne Stewart free! Lynne is SEVENTYFOUR Years old and so sick…MISERICORDIA for Lynne! (inprisonedwomen.wordpress.com)
- Under Tears I beg to Let Attorney Lynne Stewart free! Lynne is SEVENTYFOUR Years old and so sick…MISERICORDIA for Lynne! (womeninjail.wordpress.com)